If you are like the majority of people you don’t give much thought to the inner workings of a refrigerator unless it stops running, or before it is time to replace it. In order to get the most from this kitchen appliance it can be extremely nice to understand exactly how it keeps food cool—and Nifty Naperville Appliance Repair is here to explain.
Read on to learn everything you need to know about how refrigerators run, how it cools your food and drinks and if it is the right time to connect with refrigerator repair Naperville.
Parts of a Refrigerator
You won’t find too many homes that don’t have a refrigerator in the kitchen. It’s been a standard household appliance for many years. A refrigerator will store food and drinks at the optimal temperature, in order to reduce spoilage and slow down harmful bacteria. The process of refrigeration works by transferring the heat from inside of the refrigerator to the outside, by using principles of condensation and evaporation.
The components of your refrigerator are below. For questions or service call Nifty Naperville Appliance Repair:
A compressor is both a pump and a motor, and it’s necessary for circulation of refrigerant dispersed in the cooling system.
A compressor is an integral part of a refrigerator. You should enlist a professional company if the compressor isn’t working.
A condenser is located on the rear exterior wall of the refrigerator and is there to release the warmth absorbed from inside the refrigerator out into the surrounding air.
A evaporator is stored on the inside of the refrigerator where absorbs the warmth held inside of it, thereby lowering the interior temperature.
Right when the evaporator is not working, it’s time to call a professional. You should not wait too long.
Liquified refrigerant is transported through a capillary tube which works as an expansion device as it cools the gas inside, turning the gas back into liquid.
The refrigerator thermostat exists to regulate the current temperature in the interior of the refrigerator, engaging a new cooling cycle as necessary.
The thermostat in a refrigerator is prone to issues. Troubleshoot and call a technician in Naperville for repair right when a problem happens.
How Does Refrigeration Work?
1. The moment the temperature inside a refrigerator goes higher than the set point sensors signal the compressor to start, and then the cool down starts. The appliance draws in the cold liquid refrigerant, then condenses and pressurizes it, and increases the temperature, so it can turn into a gas.
2. The compressor unit pushes the hot gas in the direction of the refrigerator condenser coils located on the back of the unit, where it comes into contact with the lower temperature in the kitchen and reverts back to a liquid form.
3. The cool liquid then continues on its trip to the evaporator component, pushing through the coils on the interior of the refrigerator and freezer section.
4. The coolant absorbs the warm air from within the refrigerator, lowering the temperature back to the correct set point.
5. The liquid evaporates, and will turn back into a gas, and returns to the refrigerator compressor unit in order to then continue the cooling cycle.
Refrigeration is often found in a lot of applications and household appliances, this includes heat pumps, AC units, refrigerators and residential freezers. By contracting heat from a single area and then transferring it to another the continuous cycle of refrigeration aids in cooling your home, provides a optimal space for perishable food, and helps with manufacturing and storage of a number of different everyday products and materials.
Need Refrigerator Repair?
Does your refrigerator need service? Time to schedule repair with Nifty Naperville Appliance Repair.
Nifty Naperville Appliance Repair will service most standard models of refrigerators – includes commercial models, stand-alone and side-by-side.Our technicians in Naperville undergo training to repair cooling issues, broken ice makers, condensation issues, puddles of water and leaks, bulbs, touch panels, smart systems and numerous other issues. We know all about refrigerator repair! We really do!
OTHER REFRIGERATOR RESOURCES:
- Refrigerator Noisy
- Refrigerator Not Cooling
- Refrigerator Ice Maker Not Working
- Refrigerator Water Dispenser Not Working